Tuesday, October 21, 2008

express yourself

I've been keeping a journal since before I can even remember. I write in my journal when I don't want to or can't make sense of whatever I'm thinking about. It's easier for me to get my words out when I'm writing them down.

And that's what writing has always been to me: a form of release. Writing is the easiest way to express myself. I can write down everything I'm thinking and feeling, and then go back and sort my thoughts and words. I can rearrange and make my thoughts more clear.

I tend to be verbose when I write, and I think that stems from loving to read. I am amazed when authors can paint perfectly a picture or a scene using only words. I love vivid descriptions of emotions, I love the way words come together on a page to make a complete thought or story.

So, what writing means to me: expression.

No comments: